Home

Home
"There are places I remember all my life." The Beatles

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Final Project

So here it is..my final project! I based this on myself and how i express myself. Because this was my aim I made every aspect of this as personal as possible. The beat of the whole song, that is prominent throughout is actually my heartbeat. It is my heartbeat after playing through this piece once, in order to make it more realistic. I then used this as the beat for the whole piece. I have always been particularly shy about playing in front of people, which is why i cut my face out of this video. As for the song i chose to play, it is my version of the solo from Bruce Springsteens' 'Jungleland', played by Clarence Clemons. He was the inspiration for me to start playing the saxophone back when I was 10 after seeing him play it live. I also chose to quietly accompany myself on the piano, as this was the original instrument i learnt, and is therefore the background to all the music i play today. Although i reached the complication of timing everything to my heartbeat i am happy with how this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment