Home

Home
"There are places I remember all my life." The Beatles

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Performance Art

So for my performance art piece i decided to try and give the public a soundtrack to what they were doing. I've always loved music, and i'm always listening to it, normally i fit it to my mood or what i'm doing. I followed joggers, walkers, people shopping, and people sitting! I chose songs i would imagine myself listening to doing these things. I had a lot of mixed reactions, sometimes people loved it! Sometimes people sped off away from me. But mostly, and most interestingly, people didnt react at all. I found this fascinating, a lot of the time I was very close, almost uncomfortable so (at least for an English person!) but yet they still did not react! People looked at me a lot, which is something you cannot necessarily see in the film, because they are careful not to turn their heads. I think this shows that people are either scared to react, because they don't know how to, or they simply are used to things like this. Nowadays increasing amounts of people walk around playing music off of their phones, so at times I felt like people were mainly reacting to the louder volume of mine. I got a few reactions also when I just played the 'soundtrack' to what i was doing.
I found this really interesting to do, and if i was to do it again I would perhaps target more runners. Also I would try to get the courage to do it on campus where I feel it might have been less ignored!

No comments:

Post a Comment