Home

Home
"There are places I remember all my life." The Beatles

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Opera

I found todays lesson waay more interesting than i thought i was going to! i never thought i would consider liking or appreciating Opera. I've been in the Paris Opera House a few years ago, and even then, although i was overwhelmed by the size and beauty, i didn't fully appreciate the building and its purpose. I found the section on Castratos particularly fascinating. I don't agree that it was the right thing to do to a child, but even then I can still see why it was done. The voices produced were so pure and flawless, to the point where they cut right through you, almost making you not like the voice! It was both absolutely beautiful yet spookily otherworldly. I think I could go as far as to say i'm actually looking forward to watching an Opera. I have seen a live performance of Mozarts Magic Flute, but at the time i couldnt even get past the fact I didnt understand what they are saying. Because of this i am considering choosing this as my Opera, and this time round truly suspending my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment